Monday, April 27, 2015

ANZAC

Friday night I was heading to the ANZAC light show after that we were going to get some ice cream and a hot chocolate. the light show was on a building and it had medals that went down from the top of the building.
There were lots of awesome things including poppies that appear small but then grow really big and I thought that it was one of the best. My personal favourite was one where it was some white Māori leave designs and a dove that flies around on the building it was my favourite.
On the first week of school I learnt what it would be like in the trenches at was also when the war started and when it ended. also I learnt that the battle of Gallipoli was in 1915 and how they retreated.

I do think its a good idea to commemorate it even though it was a losing battle in the war but young people signed up to defend NZ and fight in the war and that they should be remembered as heroes for fighting in the war and most of them dying in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment